Thursday, October 3, 2013

Anime Mondays #34 (yes, I am aware it's really Wednesday)

No, I didn't misplace a calendar, I just have been stupid busy.I said I would get this post out, though, and I do not want to disappoint, as the next Anime Monday might be the last one for the month.Plus, tomorrow is National Mean Girls Day.I didn't want anyone to forget.



All images below are from , and there are spoilers up to the episodes listed!




NARUTO - EPISODES 5-8



Well, hell is freezing over.I am actually enjoying this anime.I KNOW, RIGHT?I wanted not to so badly, but it's actually getting to a point where there is a semblance of a plot other than ninjasninjasBELIEVEITninjas.Right now, the little ninja squad is trying to protect this bridge builder as bodyguards so he can go home and do his thing but he totally got attacked by a REAL ninja.Now, why would a little bridge builder get on a hit list?It's explained, and I don't know if i really buy it, but at least you learn more about the NARUTO universe in this group of episodes than just the ninjaninja yeah.It's not as fun as BLEACH, but it will fill my pointless shonen void for the time being.



DAY BREAK ILLUSION - EPISODES 10-13 (COMPLETED!)



Told you I would finish off this show.Time to dip into spoiler territory.First off there were WAY too many unanswered questions after the ending for me.Like, who was that dude that Cerebrum was working with?What did he have to do with anything?Was Cerebrum Akari's dad?(Gross.)Why was it such a big deal for the blonde girl to fight her dark tarot clone and be "annihilated" when she came back to life at the end?What card was the girl with pink hair and glasses supposed to be?Why wasn't the cool witchy girl in it more?Ugh, it just .I wanted to really love this and I just didn't.Plus, the animation is cheap.I know there's going to be a bonus episode, but who knows when that will get subbed, you know?I enjoyed the overall premise and I ranked this 6/10 on MAL, but I just wanted more answers.Does this have a manga?Don't tell me to read the manga.I totally won't unless it's NANA or SAILOR MOON, and I own those and still haven't gotten too far.



ATTACK ON TITAN - EPISODES 24-25 (COMPLETED!)



I fucking hated this ending.I'm done.



Okay, I guess I owe this show a little more than that.It started off so well.I was completely hooked.And then it just dragged and dragged and dragged you get the drift.The plot twists and OMG! moments were not enough to save it from the shit animation and filler episodes.I can take a lot of talking in my anime, but if it starts to get up into the SPICE AND WOLF territory, I check out.I ranked this show 8/10, and it would have been higher if a large part of it didn't suck so badly.Oh, and also, if the ending didn't blow.You know.CAUSE IT TOTALLY DID.



WATAMOTE - EPISODE 12 (COMPLETED!)



Yet again, another ending I absolutely hated.I mean, they cut this poor girl a break in episode 11, couldn't they have ended it on a bright note?But to say she just doesn't matter and have it end with the sense of what the fuck did I just spend 12 weeks watching yeah, it was pretty cheap.I just wanted her to make a friend.Like she was SO CLOSE.But it was all for nothing.I rated this 6/10, though, honestly, I should have gone lower.I disliked this more than I liked it, but the parts that I adored well, they pushed it higher.I would be friends with Tomoko.True facts.



DANGAN RONPA: THE ANIMATION - EPISODE 13 (COMPLETED!)



JUNKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!~~~!!Okay.Now that I've gotten that out of the way



Everyone is ripping on this cheesy ending, but don't they get that 50% of anime shows end this way?There's always hope, or the power of friendship, or true love, and that's going to beat the shit out of evil.Unless the damned thing is unfinished (see above), if it's a good ending, that's what's going to happen.I'm glad everyone left got out alive, but still kind of pissed that the other kids weren't secretly still living somewhere.Everything was summed up pretty concisely, though, I would like to know what the hell was on the outside, because I highly doubt that the world was destroyed by a Godzilla-like Monokuma Monster.There's a sequel to the game, so I'm hoping the anime will get a sequel, as well.I need to know what happens to the swimmer girl, okay.I have priorities.I rated this 8/10 on MAL because I still think that if it would have been longer, it would have been better.



DIABOLIK LOVERS - EPISODES 1-2



This is the first fall season show I picked up, for no other reason than it was on the simulcast list on Crunchyroll and man, am I glad I did.It's like UTA NO PRINCE SAMA crossed with VAMPIRE KNIGHT crossed with a twisted version of OURAN HIGH SCHOOL HOST CLUB.I sure love me some reverse harems.And in this one, the guys aren't going to be satisfied with just being friends, oh no, they want to suck our main girl's blood and have her for a snack.I mean, she gets bitten in the second episode.Sure, it's pretty stereotypical, but I'm digging it.I just wish the episodes were standard length and not this short crap.Clearly, I need to start playing these games or something.Anyone know where I can get them in English?



CHEEKY ANGEL - EPISODES 4-5



I decided over the weekend that I needed to clear some stuff off my external drive, so I just started going through the anime I had on there and watching it.I love older stuff like this.CHEEKY ANGEL is a long series about a boy who turns into a girl and has to adapt.I forget why it's been awhile since I watched the first few episodes.But, by now, he already has a reverse harem of his own, and the big bully is totally in love with him.It doesn't have a lot of substance, but it sure is fun to watch when you want to turn your brain off.



FLORAL MAGICIAN MARY BELL - EPISODE 2



Oh, look, it's another retro magical girl show.I'm sure you're not surprised at all.Mary Bell is a tiny witch who has powers that have to do with flowers.I think she may have come out of a book?I don't really remember.Again, it's been awhile since I watched that first episode.But she helps out these two kids, and in this show, she makes it so this mean, old neighbor guy who hates flowers (gasp!) learns to love them again.It's definitely not one of my favorite magical girl shows, and it's LONG, but I'll power through it if only to get it off my external.



MERMAID MELODY PITCHI PITCHI PITCH - EPISODES 27-28



So it only took half the series, but finally, a plot is starting to come out.It turns out there is a new purple haired mermaid, who is the twin sister to the green haired mermaid's bestie, and she hates everyone because she's convinced that the green haired mermaid let her sister get captured by the bad guy yeah.I didn't say it was a GOOD plot.But, fuck it all, I still like this show.And I've been watching it more often than I've been watching SAILOR MOON, so what does that tell you?PS: I got the first SM figure why did no one tell me I'd have to put it together?



SANKAREA - EPISODES 3-5



Everybody is up in arms because Funimation released the censored version on DVD instead of the real version and I can see why.The version on the stream is censored, and it's painfully obvious.Now, you know how much I love fanservice (read: not at all), but the steam and the blurs are really hideous.If I had purchased this, I'd sure be asking for a refund.Luckily, I didn't, so I will make due with the awesomely dubbed censored version that streams.And Rea actually died and became a zombie!And she is decomposing!And she is in love with the dude who loves zombies!If this all sounds too good to be true, it pretty much is because the main dude is completely looking a gift horse in the mouth.I mean, I think he even says, "Wow, Rea really is perfect for me, now I can have my zombie girlfriend!" but then he doesn't treat her any differently, other than shutting her up in his room and making sure her body doesn't decompose.I'm interested to see how this turns out, but I really hope this dude doesn't turn into an even bigger asshole.



Best of the Week: DIABOLIK LOVERS, DANGAN RONPA, MERMAID MELODY, SANKAREA



Love it or Leave it: NARUTO, ATTACK ON TITAN, CHEEKY ANGEL



Hope it Gets Better: FLORAL MAGICIAN MARY BELL, DAY BREAK ILLUSION, WATAMOTE



And now it's time to watch "Survivor."Perfect timing.
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment